C5 Corvette Kooks Long Tube Headers and X Pipe
2001-2004 (LS1/LS6) Kooks Corvette C5 and Z06 Emission Friendly Header
Kooks Corvette C5 Headers are 304 stainless steel long tube headers that come with a lifetime warranty. Kooks builds all of their products to the highest standards, and these are possibly the absolute best headers you can buy for your Corvette C5. They feature O2 Sensor ports welded in to the pipes. With a proper tune, these headers are good for 20-35HP additional on your C5. The 1 3/4" headers work great for most engines up to 700HP. Beyond that it is recommended you upgrade to a 1 7/8" header for increased exhaust flow.
These emissions style headers (include AIR/EGR) feature 1 3/4" primaries, and 3" collectors with O2 Bugs welded into the merge collectors. With a proper tune at a dyno shop, these headers are good for 20-35HP depending on the vehicle
Kooks headers and X pipe are designed to be combined with or without the factory exhaust. You can add Headers and the Kooks X pipe and retain the rest of your OEM exhaust system or you can mix and match with other exhaust systems as long as they are compatible with the OEM system. For instance, you can use Kooks Headers and X Pipe on your C5 LS1 Engine, and stlll have a Borla Catback exhaust. All Kooks products are designed to be compatible with the OEM system. You must always use the Kooks X pipe and Kooks headers together in order to keep everything aligned back to the catback system or OEM exhaust system. As long as you use Kooks Headers and the Kooks X-pipe, everything will bolt right up just as it would with the OEM system.
When it comes to headers and exhaust systems, Kooks is an industry standard. Kooks Custom Headers has been building headers since 1962, when George Kook Sr. used his gas torch to build his first set of headers for the family race car. Being heavily involved in racing, his talents did not go unnoticed by all the local competition he would beat on the strip. With the help of George Kook Jr. President of Kooks Custom headers, Kooks has grown to a full fledge manufacturing facility in which hundreds of thousands of headers and exhaust systems are sold each year. Kooks Products.
Why buy Kooks?
- Kooks puts in over 45+ years of race winning experience into each header system they produce.
- All Kooks Stainless Steel Systems come with a Lifetime Warrantee.
- Kook Headers yield the largest gain in horsepower out of any other header company.
- Flanges are 3/8" thick and are made from 304 grade Stainless Steel.
- Ball and Socket construction leaves a leak free seal between headers and x-pipes.
- Kooks offer large diameter headers for high horsepower applications.
- Kooks utilizes a scavenger spike (patent pending) in each of their collectors. These spikes increase the velocity of the exhaust and causes a vacuum effect for the exhaust gases to exit the cylinder heads, thus creating a large increase in power.